Sunday, April 17, 2011

First Post & Nail Polish of the Week!

Hello, and welcome to my beauty blog!

I've been wanting to start a blog about makeup/beauty for a while now, but I never knew exactly WHAT I would write/post. I guess I'll start off by telling a little bit about myself!

My name is Kayleigh, and I'm from Northern Virginia. I won't lie, I'm no makeup expert or guru or whatever you wanna call it...but I do love makeup. I see it as another way for women (and sometimes men) to express themselves. Makeup can make you feel confident, powerful, sexy, and many other adjectives! I'm also a firm believer that makeup causes happiness. I mean, how can you go to your favorite makeup store and find that perfect shade of lipstick you were looking for and NOT smile? :)

I won't be posting any makeup tutorials or anything like that (not anytime soon, anyway). I'm still learning tips and techniques myself, even though I've been using makeup for years now. I'll be posting stuff like my series I like to call "Nail Polish of the Week", makeup/beauty product hauls, YouTube videos from makeup gurus that I subscribe to, etc.

So, for starters, here's my first Nail Polish of the Week!

                                                OPI's "Yodel Me On My Cell"

A friend and I went out for lunch and manicures on Saturday. I saw this color, and I just had to use it! Ask anyone who knows me personally, I hardly ever wear a "normal" shade of nail polish. I like my nails to be fun and flashy. This color definitely fits that description :)


No comments:

Post a Comment