Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September Birchbox and Random Product Reviews

Happy September everyone! I received my September birchbox in the mail yesterday and I'm super excited about it! I'm really stoked to try all of the samples. Let's see what I got, shall we?


First up we have mascara by blinc. It's a tubing mascara that forms little water resistent "tubes" over your lashes that don't clump, smudge, or flake. I actually used this product this morning and I LOVE it! If I happen to touch my lashes during the day, it doesn't come off onto my fingers like other mascaras do and it makes your lashes look longer. I'm definitely considering buying the full sized mascara.


Next is a perfume by Harvey Prince called Eau Flirt. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like it smells delicious. It's a mix of citrus, jasmine, lavender and pumpkin. Yum!


Incoco Nail Polish Applique. So excited about this! They're the nail polish strips that have been pretty popular lately. I love the design they sent out as the sample. Rawr!


I also got Jouer Lip Enhancer. It's supposed to hydrate, plump, and condition your lips all with one product. My lips could use a little plumping, hydrating, and conditioning :)


And last but not least, the "extra" for the month is Lash Card. It helps keep mascara from getting on your eyeslids while you're putting it on. Pretty cool!

I also have a couple product reviews I'd like to share. First is the Urban Decay De-Slick makeup setting spray. I've been using it for some time now, and I haven't really noticed that it keeps my face from getting oily during the day. I don't know if maybe I'm not using enough or not putting it on at the right time, but it just hasn't done anything significant for me. I'll probably continue to use it until the bottle runs out, but I'm not sure if I'd ever purchase it again.

I also tried smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. It came as a sample with the August birchbox. I really wanted to like it, but like the De-Slick, I didn't notice a big difference using that primer as opposed to the primer I already use. I had pretty high expectations for the product since it costs so much money, but it doesn't do anything for me.

A productt I really liked from the August birchbox was the Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel. It worked really great for my hair, definitely noticed a difference in the amount of frizz I get during the day. I used it on certain layers of my hair that tend to get more frizzy than others, and the results were great. Considering buying a full sized bottle!

Hope everyone's September is going well! Also, any suggestions of things you would like to see on my blog or products you'd like me to review are always greatly appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment